Friday 7 October 2011

Red Back Spider

Our own Deadly 60 presenter came running into the house yesterday with news of yet another trecherous looking spider down the driveway. The Accountant and I wandered out to find that indeed, Henry had actually found a Red Back Spider (Duchess read no further...).

I thought perhaps it was dead, but Henry had seen it scampering along.  He identified the spider as a Red Back (poisonous, deadly but quite small) from his books and from watching episodes of Deadly 60 on BBC iPlayer.  It was a terrific find for a six year old boy who has been looking for Red Backs for two years, even though it was the wrong country back then.

I love that my own father doesn't know my new address yet. So people take note here it comes:
40 Christowel Street, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124. Australia. The  other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment