Sunday 9 October 2011

First Day of School

It was a very busy, bustling mess getting to school this morning, for Henry's first day at a proper State school (very different from the hippy, fields of flowers, chickens, peacock Montessori school of Oxfordshire!).  It was a lovely sunny morning. But halfway to our destination there was limping, whinging, tantrams - so I surrendered "Oh alright David! I know your foot hurts but get out the way of the bloody pram.".

When we met Henry's Prep teacher, he was EXACTLY LIKE MR. G FROM SUMMER HEIGHTS HIGH.   For those of you who are clueless to Mr. G, look at a clip on You Tube.  The teacher's real name is Mr. Mannam, but David thought it was Madam - very apt.  We got through the journey to school using one pram, two bikes and one scooter - and David and I were not even riding anything so figure that one out. 

And I've just realised that I have to do all of this in reverse this afternoon.  This school/kindergarten malarky will give me more of a workout than the last 20 years of my professional dance career.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing, I know exactly Mr. G, quite the presence in me and my flatmates t.v screen!! This blog is fantastic, reading it start to finish, feel like ive traveled over with you. A few comments from Henry have really cracked me up! Poor little Rufus and his head, Hope he is ok little chap! jonty seems to play a quiet role in this, bless him, would love to see some photos? Look forward to following the blog! Love X

    ReplyDelete