Monday 17 October 2011

It's A Slow Death In Suburbia - Part I

When I first imagined The Accountant and I moving to Australia, I must admit it was with some trepidation.  I pictured us living on the outskirts of one of the major cities.  A red brick, 3-bedroomed, dry, dusty garden, with carport, one gum tree and a wooden letterbox at the end of a hot, lonely concrete path. 

No offence to anyone who does live in such a house - but thank god we moved to gorgeous Camberwell! We are having a ball. Gorgeous. Delightful. Easy. Elegant.  I tortured myself looking at these lovely deco houses on the internet in Oxford, never thinking we would actually be lucky enough to ever live in one.

I highly recommend it.  For those living in the UK - it is a bit like living in North Oxford, in the area of the Dragon School/Cherwell Boathouse. Only better with better coffee shops in walking distance.  It was obviously meant to be as on way my way pick up Henry from school the other day, I noticed that the closest set of shops has a new cafe opening soon.  The Red Bean Cafe - completely gluten free.  There is a God and she is wheat-free in Camberwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment