Tuesday 14 February 2012

Vermin!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a morbid fear of mice and rats.  Well we had one in our garden!  It died and had to call our gardener to come and remove it this morning as The Accountant is off Accounting in India.  Yuk.  Can you imagine anything worse? Maybe stonewash skinny jeans and a matching jacket - but apart from that I can barely eat outside thinking of what might be lurking in the bushes.

Started making up my two classes for tomorrow evening.  Used to do that in my old office with a one metre by one metre space, children getting in the way, stirring a pot of something now and then, and probably texting and emailing at the same time.  But yesterday I needed breathing space and, God forbid, had to actually concentrate.

 So I found all my old writing journals I used to keep my dance notes in, and had a good look at all the stuff I had done.  I have created so much movement over the past few years, it was incredible reading it all back.  I even remember teaching the actual sequences and exercises and whether it was winter or summer, at college or at good ol' EOCC.  Dancers will probably recognise my highly technical jargon - "big monster hand comes over head" or "butterfly arms quiver then turn" or "demented elbow move into caveman on floor".  Good times.

I wonder what these poor innocents will make of all this when they meet me tomorrow.  I had better watch my language and my playlist.  Will not be able to play that certain Lily Allen song (f*** loads of diamonds), or Kayne West (too many niggers and bitches) or even that lovely song be Cee Lo Green.  The dirty version.  God it is such hard work being nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment