Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Melbourne Cup

Well I only had winning horses in no less than three races people!  Picked the winner for Race 7 (the big one), then had winning horses in the two before as well.  We had a lovely invitation from Auntie Debra to watch the race.  What really made my day was not just the strawberries and champagne on offer, but the bright pink, bejewelled jockey's cap Auntie Debra was wearing.  Much joy! 

Today Auntie Deb will be wearing that very same (very camp) cap to the Ladies Oaks Day.  More live horseracing I am missing out on!  Will get to some country races in the summer months when mothering and housewifery are but a distant memory....

Off to the TAB later to collect on my bets.

1 comment:

  1. You lost me there! Can't think of anything more boring than horses or gambling! Still love reading you. Went to Madrid at the weekend, very nice city, bought a Vogue there! I will admit though I'm a more regular Grazia reader now.

    ReplyDelete