Friday 4 November 2011

And Now A Word About The Weather

Melbourne weather is crazy! I mean really out there.  Yesterday was fifteen degrees, drizzly and even I had to have a hot bath in the evening to warm up a bit.  A little interlude here whilst I rephrase the word "hot", as the Australians are so bloody PC that even the hot water here is only 43 degrees at the hottest.  So when we have a shower or bath, we cannot add any cold at all.  Even the children have showers at full pelt.  It sucks.

Back to the weather report: so cold, drizzly - pretty much right up my alley really as I love cold, damp English weather. Then today a more normal 22 degrees. Tomorow 29 degrees and then Sunday a whopping 34.  What's that about?

But I am looking at a very beautiful pink sunset tonight. Shepherd's Delight.

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard the old adage " Red sky in the evening - shouldn't you be leaving ... Australia!?". Missing you muchly.
    Congratulations on the horses - I am the original poster boy for all vices. I'm sure, if you use your imagination, you can picture the weather here in merry-old-England, alternatively you could check the BBC website and mock'n'scoff from there.
    Watched a hideously scary movie, alone, last night and thought of You and I watching 'The Grudge' ... "David, I don't like it!!!!)
    Keep the blog coming ... it passes the time between aforementioned vices! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, crazy changes in weather are not exclusive to England then! It was supposed to be raining here today but it's held off and is quite a warm day (no sunshine though).

    Hope you are happy in your new place. I've just found a picture of the house on google maps.

    I've missed going to Oxford this weekend. I was due to hold an open day at the flat and there were no takers, which is a bit depressing. If I can't sell it by Dec through Catalyst it goes on the open market. I think I was being a bit optimistic thinking it would sell easily. I suppose it's not a great time of year as the nights draw in. It's even more frustrating because a friend is off to work in Cyprus and I've been offered her flat at a very cheap rate. Oh well, I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

    Hoping to go to Jo's class next weekend, so I shall think of you while doing some moves.

    Much love
    Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete