Sunday 22 January 2012

Early Morning

Ever since I got over my jet lag, way back in the day when I was full of hopes and dreams (before the clanking of the chains around me and the kitchen sink), I used to get up very early and go walking.  Feeling thoroughly chuffed with myself, energised and ready for the children by 7am.  These days it is a different story entirely.  Jonty does like to have an early morning feed, about 5:30am, but then he dozes off again.  Which means I doze off again.  The whole house is dozing this summer due to the warm evenings keeping everyone up until very late.

So today I said to myself - this has got to change.  So I did get up early, went walking before the sun was even properly up, the birds were tweeting (squawking by Australian standards) I was all alone in the beautiful dawn of a new day and feeling very chuffed indeed. Then I saw all those smug dog walkers.  No offence to anyone (DH especially), but why do dog walkers seem so bloody annoying?  Is it the outfit?  Is it that they are always slighly overweight ranging to very overweight?  Is it the fact that they are usually carrying with them a disgusting stick with a slimy, grimy ball on it or even more disgusting package of doggy poo? All of the above.

Anywho, came back from walk (saw a rainbow-coloured balloon in the sky - maybe the gays are taking over after all) and did some yoga.  Hilarious yoga CD titled "Yoga For Busy People", but the guy spends the first ten minutes dictating the intentions of yoga practice and then chanting.  Just get on with it hippie - I've got three children waking up any second now.  Meant to be going to dance class tonight.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment