Thursday 1 December 2011

Husband on Ebay

How much do you think I could auction off The Accountant for?  Incoming:the globe-trotting husband (who has done nothing but lie down and read, lie down and eat lie down and sleep since returning).  Outgoing: lovely Mother-in-Law, great conversation over wine, patience of an angel with the children, cooks like Nigella and made our house spic and span without moaning at all.

Last night I tried to get The Accountant to sort out his travelling washing and take out some rubbish.  "Do you know what I've had to do today?" he said with a grin "I've had to lie down in business class and watch two movies and have a sleep."  This is all completely true.

This morning I was up with the birds and the baby, hustling and bustling to ready lunches, breakfasts, school stuff, kindergarten stuff.  All the time yelling out to the three sleeping boys in the house "Get up now!  You are all going to be late!"  I then realised that the only two people who didn't have to be up getting ready - was Jonty and I!  What the hell am I doing?  Any sane person (who wasn't a woman probably) would be languishing in bed.  No job, no dance, no dance classes - and yet I'm the one up and dressed and ready by 8:15am?  What for?  All the ladies put your hands up in the air.....

So anyone want these muppets for a tenner?  That's pounds not dollars - I'm no fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment