Wednesday 14 December 2011

Handmade Christmas Cards

The other night I was chuckling away whilst The Accountant was watching TV.  No hang on, I wasn't just chuckling I was pissing myself, laughing out loud for quite a while.  "What are you laughing at?"  "I'm making homemade Christmas cards that are so terrible.  Everyone is going to think Henry and Rufus helped me."

It was just so sad seeing these disastrous creations come to life.  In my head they were the most cool, handmade designs the Christmas card world has ever seen.  I had cut outs, stickers, ribbon.  It all amounted to nothing.  So if you are the unlucky receiver of such a card - I apologise in advance.  And I can't even blame Henry and Rufus as they were in bed asleep.  Damn those kids, never up when you need an excuse.  Will give some of you bah-humbugs a good laugh anyway.

Two funny things I saw the other night whilst walking to my yoga class.  1.  Some huge reindeer antlers.  ON A CAR. I never want to see such a thing again in my life.  2. A sign which said "Victorian Cheerleaders Club".  Hilarious.  I wanted to go immediately.  "Give me an F!  Give me a U!  Give me a C!...".

1 comment:

  1. Oh please join the Cheerleaders Club & send photos, that would be hilarious!!

    It's so lovely to catch up on your blog. Sorry to hear about the wars that Rufus has been in, fancy banging his head twice, I bet it was frightening for you all.

    Christmas is so close and yet so far... I've got so much to do at work before I finish next Wednesday, including moving office. And Shobana is coming into her own now that we're in rehearsals. It's amazing how she has the ability to completely forget about discussions we clearly had and the things we agreed - artists eh!!

    I've got to say that there is something about working in the London dance scene that has slightly shattered my illusions about some choreographers/performers. I think I would have rather not known what a nightmare they really are.

    Have just seen Lisa's email, I hope the Skype is a possibility next week, would be lovely to see you.

    Love to you all x

    ReplyDelete