Wednesday 31 August 2011

Get Dancing Woman!

This is a phrase repeated quite often from The Accountant. Usually at times when we need to save for a holiday or house. Raising three small children and making a living from contemporary dance do not really go hand in hand. But today I made my first teensy baby step towards a career in dance in the new country.

It turns out that you can apply to teach classes and workshops at Dancehouse in Carlton - AND THEY WILL PAY YOU TO DO IT. This is news to me running myself ragged all these years running my own classes and rolling around on the sticky floor or the East Oxford Community Centre. Watch this space I will be flying across that dance floor soon enough biting off the heads of snakes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I was in need of Nickely class this morning! ( sat) xx will I get mates rates at Carlton when I get there... If I ever get there... I'll see you when I get there....(hope you know the lyrics to that song other wise that made no sense!)

    ReplyDelete