Tuesday 30 August 2011

Things I miss about England

In no particular order and of course first and foremost I miss my friends terribly.
1. Radio 4 - in particular Woman's Hour and the Afternoon Play. Showing my age. Or my class.
2. Boots, Waitrose, Marks and Spencer.
3. Top Shop!
4. The view of Oxford from South Park.
5. Cowley Road.
6. My Saturday dance class.
7. Monday Hip Hop.
8. The journey from Barton out to Elsfield on the back road. But not Barton itself.
9. Carole's cakes.
10. Our garden.
11. David Hudson and I pissing ourselves about nothing in particular. Usually dance connected but not necessarily. I'm sure David Lyons does not miss it.
12. The Birds! The ones in the trees yes but I actually meant the girls and they know that.

Things I don't miss:
1. The Post Office: Especially that busy one on the Cowley Road that has no tables to put your bloody stuff on AND never has the correct supply of envelopes.

1 comment:

  1. I have a solution to your number 1: radio podcasts! Get on the case, you can still listen to Jennie Murray, and plenty of other amazing programmes!

    ReplyDelete