Monday 22 August 2011

Champagne and Woody Allen

Obviously the tears mentioned in my last episode dried up as soon as I cast my beady eyes on the lovely business class seat ready for baby Jonty and I. Seat? More like a little suite. Perhaps because they feel sorry for the person with the baby, but the space was huge for a girl who has only ever done the Flight of Death in economy class.

Due to the excitement of flying business class (and the fact that Jonty fell asleep as the aircraft was taking off) I downed a couple of glasses of excellent champagne, the homesickness just on the edges of my blurry mind. The joy of the champagne and seat was only matched by other two things. A film by Woody Allen staring Owen Wilson. I LOVE Owen Wilson. Midnight in Paris is a lovely little jaunt, a bit silly and very indulgent, but a nice change from ghetto/guns/sex films of late.

The boys were totally dwarfed by their huge seats and spent the first couple of hours in cinema bliss.  Henry noting that the airplane was very nice - "I like this one", he remarked very droll.  We have obviously set them up for future disappointment  regarding air travel after this trip.

The lovely Singapore Airlines hostesses were mesmerised by the children. Rufus even did a rendition of Smoke On The Water at 3am for one of the bemused hostesses, complete with air guitar.

2 comments: