Wednesday 25 July 2012

Belated Blog



Jonty and I went to the Gold Coast to visit Nonna and Pom-Pom on the weekend.  Whilst I was there my mother, an avid reader of this blog, wondered casually why I had not commented on my last two visits to the Gold Coast?  Was it not golden enough?  Not special enough?

The truth is dear readers, as you well know, unless I'm whinging and ranting and raving - it's just not worth writing about.  Or it has got to be bloody funny.  And especially for my English readers, it has to be so Australian and cringe-worthy to me, that I would write about it from a cultural-shock perspective.  Some highlights of these visits have been the beach, the gorgeous surfers, the market where I nabbed some bargains, getting my toenails done at the nail bar, eating and drinking in the sun, lying in the sun watching the palm leaves in the breeze and not having to wear a coat and scarf.

So here you are mother.  An Ode to the Gold Coast:

Jonty and I went to the Gold Coast
We had champagne and vegemite on toast
We went to the sea
We watched TV
Jonty loved the ceiling fans the most

There were surfers galore
And runners on shore
But still lots of fat Australian people


No comments:

Post a Comment