Monday 6 August 2012

Silver Medals Galore

It is no secret in our house that we are cheering on Team GB.  Due to two-thirds of us being born there, and the other third being a little bit homesick watching the games in London.

But the Australians are so pissed off about all those silver medals. Imagine the disgrace at being second-best in the world in your chosen sport.  Get over it.

Maybe, just maybe, in some weird conspiracy, all the other countries in the world have been training hard for the last four years too?

In other news apparently The Australian Ballet have been taking New York by storm performing their new tour.  And with a piece made by British choreographer Wayne McGregor no less.

Note for all my old OCDS dancers: When I walked into the scout hall I use to teach my very first dance class, guess what my first task was?  Sweeping the bloody floor!  And they say there is no glamour in the arts.  Will it ever end.....

No comments:

Post a Comment