Thursday 31 October 2013

Tax Return

Oh Joy!  End of the tax year and so Australians were meant to lodge their tax returns by midnight yesterday.  So of course I was sitting in bed with my laptop at 11:30pm doing the bloody thing.  We are trying to secure another rental property, find out tax information, get the children ready for Halloween and then of course I had to leave amongst all the chaos to go to work in the evening.

First things first.  How crap is Halloween?  I mean really.  Children pull a sheet over their heads and then beg for sweets at various neighbourhood houses.  It is sort of cute and fun, but also a bit shit really.
And our boys did not have proper costumes so they went as a dragon, Spiderman and a Star Wars Stormtrooper.

Our tenancy in our lovely house is coming to an end.  So when a big house almost across the road went up for rent on the weekend we decided to have a look.  Suspiciously it was cheaper rent than our current house.  We soon found out the reason.  A very old house by Australian standards.  Almost reminiscent of The Adams Family.  So I guess I'm going to have to change my entire wardrobe to look like Morticia.  But it is a nice big old house, even though it is very simple in terms of kitchen and bathroom.  Instead of nice shiny floorboards there is carpet everywhere.  I can just imagine the amount of food that will be embedded in that carpet in a few years time.

How bad would plastic on the floor look in the dining room?  Not up to Camberwell standards I'm sure but hey ho.

The tax people ask questions like "Did you, or do you, have you, or have you ever had, a reportable superannuation fund which you may or may not make contributions to, now or in the future and if not why not?"

What?


No comments:

Post a Comment