Sunday 7 April 2013

Hot Honey and Lemon


Which would you rather?  Sitting in a stuffy office with people you do not particularly like - or pushing this little one on the swing on a sunny day?  Yes of course I have my ups and downs ("Henry get OFF the top of the washing line" "WHO unrolled all of these toilet rolls...." "Jonty! Get your finger out of my lipstick" etc etc etc....), but on the whole I am aiming for a bit of mummy and a bit of Nickely.

Parents are always in a race to get some "me" time.  The Accountant would like to have time to himself for most of the day, and indeed he is always snatching cheeky little moments of isolation.  However, I like to get things done and then relax after the children have gone to bed.  So you can imagine what a nasty surprise it is when I finally put my cup of tea on the bedside table and open to covers only to find a small child grinning up at me.  The idea of booking myself into a hotel for a night suddenly becomes very appealing.....

Meanwhile here are a few of my favourite things from the Easter break:

  • Easter Egg hunts - all six of them!
  • Going to the beach and swimming in the pool in Queensland
  • Not making dinner every night (thanks Russell!)
  • Reading Harry Potter - again.
  • Coming home to all of my lovely female in-laws (clean house, cheerful cups of tea, childcare, children playing nicely together).
  • Meeting up with our niece Jasmin today - aged 17 and absolutely rocking a leather jacket, jeans, bronze top and boots in Degrave Place for lunch.
  • Eating a gluten, dairy and vegan free lunch and it was bloody delicious!

Things that were not so good:

  • Everyone except Henry got sick as soon as the holiday started.
  • Jonty on the airplane with ear and throat infection, Rufus and I with colds - sore ears!
  • My aim on holiday was to give myself a pedicure and nice new nail polish.  I came home with chipped, un-manicured toes with bits of bright yellow nail polish from weeks ago.  Not a good look in strappy sandals and flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment