Sunday 21 October 2012

The Snip

You know the drill.  You are walking to school pick-up on a sunny afternoon with another Mum.  Your babies are in the pram gurgling away, your kindergarten children are toddling along on their scooters and bikes.  And the conversation abruptly turns to circumcision.  Sound familiar?  No?

Well it was not my usual entry into conversation either until last Friday!  Bloody hell.  All sorts of thoughts are going through my head - dance choreography, upcoming performances, costumes, props, dinner ingredients and even watering the plants.  But circumcision was not on the agenda.  Of course I took part in the conversation with my usual enthusiasm and gusto.  It was very strange.  I could almost write a song about it.

It seems in Australia at least that a lot of baby boys still have The Snip.  I thought that was just our parent's generation.  Barbaric yes, but then they didn't know any better. Whatever happened to good ol' fashioned washing in the bath?  Play with the boats, have a splash - wash your willy.
Is this controversial turf?

I certainly hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment